Starlifter-U.S. Air Force Band with Marina City featuring American Idol contestant Ryan Argast
- This event has passed.
Date: July 2
Celebrate Independence Day Weekend in style at this free event at Venue 1012!
2nd of July Concert
Air Force Band: Starlifter with Opening Act Marina City
Free and open to the public
Outside food and beverages allowed (except alcohol)
5:30 PM Venue opens: food trucks available
6:00 – 7:30 PM Marina City with American Idol contestant Ryan Argast
7:55 – 8:00 PM Presentation of Colors by American Legion and Starlifter’s a cappella National Anthem
8:00 – 9:30 PM Starlifter: U.S. Air Force Band
9:30 PM Starlifter band members honored
Marina City with American Idol contestant Ryan Argast
6:30 – 8:00 PM
The re-invented Marina City dove headfirst into the alternative pop scene in 2019. Within one year the quartet shared the stage with Judah and The Lion, Lovelytheband, Coin, and Joywave, sold-out their headliners, partnered with the Chicago Bulls and Chicago Bears, performed on WGN News, gained worldwide press, and landed both radio play and licensing spots on MTV.
Starlifter: U.S. Air Force Band
8:30 – 10:30 PM
Starlifter is a component of the United States Air Force Band of Mid-America, the musical ambassador of the Air Mobility Command. Formerly known as the Air Force Band of Mid-America, the Military Airlift Command Band, and the AMC Band of Mid-America, the United States Air Force band of Mid-America was established in 1942 at Jefferson Barracks, Missouri. Starlifter’s musical versatility provides exciting events for audiences overseas, our nation’s top leaders, festival-goers, and enthusiastic crowds at summer park concerts. In the tradition of their namesake, the C-141 Starlifter transport jet, this combo’s high-energy music transports its listeners to a higher plane.
- Outside food and beverage (including water) are not allowed at this event. Food and beverage, including beer, wine and White Claws will be available for purchase. Bags will be checked at entry.
- Cash will not be accepted, credit and debit purchases only.
- Lawn chairs and blankets are recommended.
- Lawn seating is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Chairs are not provided.
- Smoking only allowed in designated area.
The following items are prohibited from being brought into the venue:
- Outside food and beverage, including alcoholic beverages
- Tents/canopies are prohibited
- Pets (other than service animals)
- Weapons of any kind
- Fireworks of any kind
Note: Not all Venue 1012 events have the same polices.